Science Math and Robotic Technology (SMaRT) Education is looking for an energetic, talented individual with enthusiasm for learning, passion for enriching the lives of others and a desire to work with students in grades K-8, to join its growing administrative and instructional staff.
The Program Coordinator is a year round, part-time position. The PC is both an administrative and instructional position, that plans, organizes, and coordinates curriculum and activities, including procuring materials and transporting equipment to and from program sites.
4-6 hours per week will be spent planning programs or learning new materials for future programs. 12-15 hours per week are spent at program sites when a program is running, actual number may vary throughout the year and by program. Additional time for Staff Meetings and Professional Development will be required once a month.
Most of SMaRT Education’s programs run in the after school time during the school year. However, Spring Break, Summer and Winter Break camps and classes run during the day. Therefore, the PC **MUST** be available in the afternoon and early evening hours during the school year and be flexible during the breaks.
PROGRAM PLANNING & CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT -
- Provides age appropriate, STEAM related, enriching experiences in a fun and safe environment.
- Being organized, proactive and ability to multi-task is a must.
- Each interaction with students, parents, and partner organizations must be handled in a way that positively spreads SMaRT Education’s reputation.
- Working safely, by using good judgment and following all SMaRT Education and Cal-OSHA workplace safety regulations, is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, though other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Promotes the personal, educational and social development of students through quality programs, service and activities.
- Presents a service oriented, positive, and enthusiastic image of SMaRT Education.
- Ensures that policies, rules and regulations are followed by team members, participants and guests.
- Plans and implements STEAM related curriculum and facilitates activities in accordance with the topics/subjects outlined for program participants.
- Conducts special events and group activities which may include field trips and other outings.
- Ensures that program equipment, facilities and supplies are available, used properly, cared for, and meet applicable health and safety standards.
- Inspects applicable facility, field, or site for safety and reports any safety issues to appropriate personnel
- Maintains site conditions in accordance with SMaRT Education standards by doing light custodial duties; maintains equipment and reports damage or loss.
- Assists in preparing area for group activities.
- Supervises program participants.
- Fills in as substitute instructor when needed
- Completes required paperwork in a timely manner
- Performs necessary first aid and CPR when applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- MUST pass a full FBI and DOJ background check through the LiveScan system
- Must have a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years and clean driving record
- Must be willing to drive the SMaRT Education van (12 passenger Nissan NV) for special events/outings
- Must be able to work at various sites across the Coachella Valley and have own transportation
- Able to work flexible hours- early mornings, daytime business hours, after school time and Saturdays.
- Must be willing and able to lift and transport 20 pounds of equipment
- Basic computer skills and ability to help students in using computer programs and navigating Internet resources.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Experience working with and instructing students ranging from grades K-8 preferred.
- High school graduate.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification or be willing to get CPR and First Aid certification if hired
- Bilingual a plus.
Must be available immediately for training if hired
COMPENSATION We are committed to competitively compensating staff. Pay ranges are based on qualifications and experience.
In addition to standard job history, education, experience and qualifications, resumes should specifically address the following*:
- Experience working with groups of students that involved leading and/or coordinating activities
- Experience with and knowledge of software used in digital media or programming of any kind
- Experience with and knowledge of engineering concepts, scientific exploration, robotics
*Please note, though knowledge and experience with all listed is helpful and desired, lack of such does not automatically disqualify an individual.
Our company culture is simple: Be Amazing! Before you apply for this job, ask yourself why you want THIS job. What's your why?
If the answer is...
Because it'll be easy… Because I need a job… Because it pays better than the job I have… Because I don't know what else to do...
... then this is NOT the job for you.
If the answer is...
Because I want to share my knowledge… Because I want to give kids incredible experiences they may not have otherwise… Because I want to help kids discover their own potential...
And most importantly, because I am willing to work hard every day with a smile to make sure kids get meaningful experiences...
... please submit your resume with references to email@example.com
A PDF of this job description is available here: ProgramCoordinatorJobDescription.pdf